Testimonials & Reviews
As a performer:
- "[A]n amazing instrument.” -- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
- "Her voice is lovely and her stage presence is natural and full of vitality."-- Washington Post
- "Watching Christine work is a joy. She is a musician's musician, understands the nuts and bolts of performing and singing, and has a terrific stage presence. But it's that voice! Truly one of the top five classical singers in Wisconsin. Fearless, bold, beautiful, absolutely stunning timbre. She should be singing everywhere! -- Jamie Johns, Associate Music Director, NETWorks Productions
- "Christine Thomas not only plays Marmee March in this production, but she also takes the helm of it and her vision for this piece is apparent as she brings the story of the March girls to the stage. She keeps the action moving and seems to really grasp the story of these ladies – some who are traditional for their time and some who are forward thinkers.... As Marmee March, she is a vocal powerhouse. She has a strong, clean vocal style and commands the stage with every note in her solos." -- Backstage Baltimore
- "The girls’ mother, Marmee, was played with quiet dignity and wisdom by Christine Thomas, who also directed the play. Thomas has an amazing voice, and small wonder as she’s performed extensively as an opera singer. Listening to her solos was one of the richest treats of the show."
-- MD Theatre Guide
- "Filling both “Days of Plenty” and “Here Alone” with mournful sorrow and deep nostalgia, Thomas emotionally connects to the songs on a deep and earnest level, creating a much revered Marmee... A remarkable presentation, well worth seeing, well worth enjoying; this is a story of bonding, family, love, and survival." -- TheatreBloom
- "Thank you so much for believing in me and pushing me to explore my inner musical theatre tenor. I didn't know how to totally access it in high school and also sometimes doubted it existed. My undergrad didn't do a lot of musicals, so I didn't have the opportunity to work that side of my singing voice a lot. But, now that I'm in a grad program and auditioning a lot more for musicals, your lessons are coming back to me. I'm Princeton in Avenue Q. currently, and just did a callback for Jimmy from "Millie" singing "What Do I Need With Love." I never would have been able to do either of those if I hadn't studied with you." -- Matt Bender, MFA 2nd year (Theater/Writing), Western Illinois University
- "I just stage managed my first opera this summer and I 100% owe my ability to follow along in the rehearsal process to you! Thank you so much for all you taught me. The skills/musical theatre knowledge have obviously come in handy throughout my career so far."
-- Jane Engelking Heer, Stage Manager